Isabelle Grant, Leeds Socialist Party
The employers are using the excuse of the introduction of the Tory’s ‘living wage’ to refuse to give any increase to those members of staff on that rate. Not only that, but these staff are also being refused to be allowed to pay into the higher contribution payment scheme even though some of them have been working in the warehouse for over 30 years.
Additionally the work is actually operated by logistics contractor DHL with like many distribution centres the massive use of agency labour, often on a much more insecure basis than permanent staff. And for these failings it won’t be Arcadia group owner Sir Philip Green that will pay the price, like BHS it will be the workers who will pay the price.
- No to low pay at Spectrum for Arcadia
- Fight for a minimum wage of £10 an hour for all
- No to a multi-tier workforce, keep the pensions schemes open to all
- Give agency staff the right to a permanent contract and the same pay, terms and conditions as the permanent workforce
- Bring Arcadia groups logistics arm back fully in-house
You you can donate to the strike fund at http://www.gmb.org.uk/Topshop